Teaching Assistants - Southwark - January 2018 start
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||East London, UKSouth East London, UK|
|Sector||Primary Education - Support Staff|
|Salary||£70 - £90 per day + Flexible with benefits|
Teaching Assistants needed - Southwark- Immediate start, January 2019
- £70 - £90 per day (depending on experience)
- Southwark and surrounding areas
- January 2019
We are seeking several Teaching Assistants to work in Primary Schools across the Borough of Southwark and some surrounding areas.
Do you want the flexibility of choosing the days you work?
Are you interested in helping pupils achieve their full potential?
Are you calm under pressure and able to work off of your own initiative?
If you have answered yes to the above, we would love to hear from you!
- We work with a number of Primary schools in the Southwark area. The schools vary from Local Authority Maintained, Academy, Free Schools & Independent Private Schools.
- Some will be small 1 form entry schools and others will be larger 5 or 6 form entry schools.
- There is a mix of 'Outstanding' Ofsted rated schools to 'Requires improvement' graded schools.
- We require Teaching Assistants to work across all age ranges, from Nursery and Reception classes in the Early Years Foundation stage, Year 1 and Year 2 in Key Stage 1 and Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 in Key Stage 2.
- You will be supporting the class teacher to ensure the pupils are working towards their learning objectives for each subject. Ideally you will be strong with English and Maths and have a strong academic background.
- Supporting the class teacher, you will make sure that all children are well behaved in line with the behavioural policies of each school.
- You will ensure that all safeguarding and pastoral care duties are carried out and adhered to.
- To support lower ability pupils and help them raise their attainment and learning levels to improve their standards.
- You will on occasion be required to assist with lunch time and play duties as well as potentially some after school clubs.
- Assist the class teachers on school trips to ensure the safety of the pupils at all times.
- There are a variety of roles to suit, whether it is daily supply, short term and long term assignments so flexibility is a must.
- In most cases you will be supporting the class teacher and working with the class as a whole.
- In some cases you may be required to work one to one with children who are of lower ability to give them the confidence to improve their learning.
- There may also be an element of special needs support for some pupils and these needs will vary from mild learning difficulties to severe Autism, ADHD and some emotional needs.
- The ages will vary from 3 years of age in the Nursery class to 11 year old's. Children in Year 2 and Year 6 will have their SAT's exams so they will be expected to be at or above the national average for their specific year groups.
- For any pupils who are below the expected level of learning for their year groups, you may be required to support small 'Booster' groups to help them raise their attainment in the core subects; English, Maths and Science.
- Some of the pupils will have a difficult home life so we require candidates who are sympathetic to this and can offer good pastoral care and an awareness of safeguarding and child protection policies.
If you are interested in working with our schools and think that you have the suitable experience, please follow the process below and submit your CV.
All shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a full registration interview to ensure all safeguarding and compliance measures are met.
If you are successful with your application for the long term positions, you will be required to either attend a full paid trial day or attend and interview which may involve basic English and Maths skills tests.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'