Humanities (History) Teacher
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Area||Blackburn, United Kingdom|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Teacher|
|Salary||£100 - £165 per day + negotiable|
Humanities (History) Teacher
An Ofsted rated 'Good' secondary school in the Blackburn area are looking for a Teacher of Humanities who is a History specialist but also has experience of teaching Geography and Religious Studies. The role is due to start in September and will be on a temporary basis for at least 1 term but has good potential to be extended further. The role will be teaching History up to KS4 but there will be occasions where you will be expected to teach Geography and Religious Studies.
- Plan, prepare and deliver engaging lessons to inspire and engage KS3 & KS4 pupils
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils' progress and development
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a Bachelor of Education, PGCE or UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
- Be a History Specialist
- Have experience of teaching Geography and Religious Studies to KS3 & KS4
- Be an inspirational role model; committed to their own learning and that of others
- Have excellent subject knowledge and a passion for the subject
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £100-£165 per day
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks, References and Enhanced DBS
If you are interested in applying and would like to hear more, then please contact Laura Porter on 01772 846610
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'