1:1 Teaching assistant - Secondary school
|Job Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Location||Richmond upon Thames, London|
|Area||South West London, UK|
|Sector||Primary Education - Leadership|
|Salary||£70 - £80 per day|
Start Mid Jan *** 1:1 SEN behavioural support *** *** Richmond *** Veritas is currently working with a co-ed mainstream secondary school based in Richmond. The school are looking for an experienced teaching assistant with good knowledge of SEN so that they can 'hit the ground running'. The role will be shared with 1 other TA and will involve working 1:1 with an SEN student, the rest of the time the candidate will be providing general classroom support. A background/ experience of working with ages 11- 16 is desirable but not essential. Strong behaviour management skills are essential. The candidate will also be responsible for improving social and emotional skills and liaising with senior staff. The school is located close to various local bus routes and is a 15mins walk from a mainline train station. Access to a car would be advantageous. There is free parking available on site (first come, first serve). Key skills and experience needed:
- Graduate from a leading University
- Experience working with children or young adults with SEN
- Firm and strong behaviour management skills
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
If you are interested in working in this rewarding role, please send your CV to Gemma Yip at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'