Graduate Teaching Assistant
|Job Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Area||South East London, UKKent, UK|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Support Staff/ Supervisor|
|Salary||£65 - £70 per day|
*** Graduate Teaching Assistant***
*** November Start ***
*** Greenwich ***
An oversubscribed all girls secondary school in Greenwich is recruiting a graduate teaching assistant to start in the coming weeks. The position is full time, working hours are 8.30am to 4pm.
The selected candidates will be working across the school supporting students on the SEN register. Students will have needs such as ASD, SEMH, ADHD and learning difficulties. You will be expected to work on a 1:1 or class basis with specific students, assisting them with their work. Other responsibilities include monitoring behaviour and reporting progress to the SENCO via meetings and report writing.
The school are seeking candidates who have an interest in becoming a secondary teacher.
The school is near a mainline train station and is also accessible by a number of bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Graduate from a leading University
- Experience working with children or young adults with SEN
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
If you are interested in working in an outstanding school in a rewarding position, please send your CV to Keizsha De Jesus at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'