SEN Teacher of Autism
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Contract (Long Term)|
|Area||Preston, United Kingdom|
|Sector||Special Education - SEN Teacher|
|Salary||£100 - £163.45 per day|
|Start Date||June 2018|
SEN Teacher | ASD
£100 - £163.45 a day - Long term/permanenetVeritas Education are actively working with a Special School based in Preston that are currently looking to recruit an ASD Teacher, with the successful candidate being appointed at the end of February.
The school are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking teacher that has experience supporting pupils with Autism. You will have the chance to work in a setting that drives the progression of all children and bring a sense of achievement to their learning.
With the school being rated by Ofsted as Outstanding the SEN school support primary, Secondary & FE aged pupils with Autism (ASD). Working at the school can be very tough, as some of the behaviour of pupils can be extremely challenging at times, so candidates must be committed and have patience to work with the pupils.
The school are looking for a teacher that can show the following:
- Progression (both personal and student)
Qualifications:Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)Qualification related to SEN, ASD or SEMHTeam Teach (Desirable)
- Experience teaching and leading the class
- Achieving at least good progression for pupils
- Experience working with pupils with ASD/SEMH (desirable)
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to set realistic goals for pupils but maintain high expectations
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons that keeps pupils engaged throughout
- Able to adapt lessons quickly and effectively
- Excellent behaviour management
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, motivated and qualified teacher to join a friendly and supportive team. The school encourages teachers to express their passion for teaching by using initiative and own ideas.
If this is a position that you would thrive in then please apply with an up to date CV, or to enquire further about the position then please contact the Preston Branch of Veritas Education on 01772 846610 and ask for Jamie Heath.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'