Year 1 Primary School Teacher - Watford
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Contract (Long Term)|
|Sector||Primary Education - Key Stage 1|
|Salary||£120 - £170 per day|
*** Primary Teacher - Key Stage 1 - Year 1 ***
*** Catholic Primary School ***
*** "Good" Ofsted ***
*** Watford, Herts ***
*** January 2018 Start ***
We are currently working with a Primary school in Watford, Hertfordshire, who are currently looking to recruit an experienced primary teacher to who is available to start the new term in January 2018. The position will run to the end of this academic year (July 2018).
The school has a Catholic ethos and recently converted to Academy status. Ofsted rated the Leadership and management as "Good" while the behaviour and safety of pupils is "Outstanding".
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and deliver a range of lessons and evaluate these activities to inform future learning. Develop programs in line with the National Curriculum and ensure we meet the diverse needs and interests of each child.
- Direct the teaching assistant assigned to the class and work supportively and collaboratively as part of this small team.
- Work in close partnership with other staff and parents.
- Behave in a warm and friendly, yet professional manner towards colleagues, children and parents.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years' experience teaching primary aged children.
- Teacher Qualification - QTS or equivalent.
- Taught early literacy and numeracy skills.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Have a good understanding of best practice for key stage 1 students
- Ability to develop and deliver effective programs for the pupils and be responsive to their needs
- Warm and caring personality - friendly and approachable to families, staff and children.
- Highly motivated, reliable and commitment to high standards.
The school is within walking distance of a mainline train station, and is also accessible by a number of bus routes.
Staff must ensure that they follow school policies, guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate must have an Enhanced DBS certificate signed up to the Online Update Service, and if not, must be prepared to apply for a new Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Tom Meredith at Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'