Primary Teaching Assistant (SEN)
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Area||South East London, UK|
|Sector||Special Education - SEN Support Staff|
|Salary||£60 - £70 per day|
|Start Date||December 2017|
**** Primary Teaching Assistant (SEN) ****
**** Southwark ****
**** November Start ****
A primary PRU Southwark in is recruiting an experienced teaching assistant to start ASAP until February 2018, potentially until the end of the academic year. This is a full time post, working hours will be 8.45am to 4.15pm Monday to Friday.
Students have a statement or Educational Health Care Plan for SEMH difficulties. The schools aims to support student's barriers to learning, while helping them with communication skills and emotional intelligence. They have a unique approach to managing behaviour and believe in a nurturing and therapeutic approach.
This particular role will be providing support to a mixed Key Stage 2 class. Responsibilities include academic support, playground supervision and supporting the class teacher. It is imperative you have a calm personality and have previous experience in a similar setting or supporting students with SEMH and learning difficulties.
Key skills and experience needed:
- University degree or A Level qualification.
- Experience supporting primary children with SEMH and learning difficulties.
- Strong Behaviour management skills.
- Professional manor. Enthusiastic and friendly approach
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Keizsha De Jesus at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'