Maths Teacher in Calderdale
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Contract (Long Term)|
|Location||Halifax, West Yorkshire|
|Area||Halifax, United Kingdom|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Teacher|
|Salary||£100 - £170 per day|
|Start Date||January 2018 or earlier|
Veritas Education are looking to recruit an exceptional Maths teacher for one of our Schools in the Calderdale LEA
You will teach Mathematics to key stage 3 and 4 students achieving positive outcomes for all groups of students.
* Ensure good and better progress for all students within groups taught through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standard
* Strive to deliver a consistently good standard of teaching
* Take responsibility within own teaching areas and in the execution of general duties for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students
* Consistently apply the academy behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy
* contribute to the planning, design and production of good quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability
* Contribute to the wider life of the academy by participating in the provision of Extension, Enrichment and Enhancement activities through the planned programme
* Attend meetings, including parents' consultation sessions, and fulfil duties on rotas as specified in the Staff Handbook
* Implement all Academy policies with regard to registration, student absence, student uniform, use of planners and other routines detailed in the staff handbook
* Observe Academy rules relating to the safeguarding of students, health and safety requirements, and equality policies
* Participate in full staff and area meetings, actively contributing to Academy decision making and consultation procedures
* Participate fully in the Academy Performance Management process, engaging in professional development activities which enhance personal performance, fulfil personal potential and contribute effectively to the implementation of the Academy's goal to be an outstanding place of learning
* Uphold the professional standards of dress, behaviour, attitudes and team spirit which will ensure the Leeds East Academy is a pleasant, positive place to learn and work
The Academy is an 11-16 school that moved into a new building 2 years ago which provides a fantastic learning environment for students.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'