Daily Support for Autistic & Mental Health 8-16 y/o
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Preston, United Kingdom|
|Sector||Special Education - SEN Support Staff|
|Salary||£8.0 - £9.0 per hour|
Vacancy Type: Temp to Perm
Salary: £9.00 p/h
Hours: 37. 5 Per Week We are currently looking to grow our already established and dedicated team of support workers at our site near Longridge.
The role involves providing a person-centred support to young adults with Autism and associated complex support needs, in a CQC-registered residential settings in the Preston area.
Staff work as a team to support 20+ adults on either a 1:1 or 2:1 basis, to achieve their desired outcomes, live the most fulfilled life possible and maximise their independence.
- Do you believe that everyone is entitled to the very best care and support?
- Do you want to make a lasting difference in people's lives?
- Do you want to support people to help them achieve their goals, dreams and aspirations?
We do and we are passionate about providing excellent care and support to individuals with learning disabilities, autism, Prader-Willi Syndrome or mental health conditions. As a support worker, you will have the opportunity to be part of 1000s of stories of inspiring care and support for our residents and service users.
As a support worker you will be supporting our residents with their day to day lives, encouraging them to live as independently as possible. You may get involved in exciting activities outside of the home too - our residents/service users participate in day trips, charity events and much more!
Our ideal support worker will:
- Have a great sense of humour
- Be reliable, friendly and caring to help our service users achieve their everyday goals (including personal care)
- Be able to support in house activities and hobbies
- Be attentive and inspire our service users to achieve more!
- Be resilient and help manage some behaviours that challenge
- Updated DBS (Transferable)
Whilst drivers are able to take service users out and about, you don't need to be a driver to work here - we employ many non-drivers too!
What we'll give you:
- A competitive salary- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going training- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays- Online benefits and cashback rewards- Cycle to work scheme- SMART childcare vouchers- SMART pension option
If you feel you have a passion for Support Working and meet the specs above, Please contact Marcus at Veritas Education on 01772 846 610.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'