Science Technician needed for Independent Secondary School
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Area||Central London, UK|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Support Staff/ Supervisor|
|Salary||£75 - £85 per day|
Secondary Independent Secondary School
Located in Barnet
Veritas Education are currently working alongside an independent secondary school who are looking for a Science technician (ideally physics based) within their science department. The school caters for children of high academic standards who you will be supporting during practicals and occasionally class sessions.
Your duties will include working as a team with other technicians to prepare materials and equipment for science lessons, carrying out risk assessments, keep check of stock and disposing of waste appropriately. Alongside the technician role you will also be expected to support students within the classes - especially during practical sessions.
The school has a supportive team of staff which will assist you during your progress within the role. This mainstream secondary school also have new facilities in all departments.
- Science based degree is essential
- Previous experience within an laboratory
- Experience working within an educational setting (e.g. working with children)
- MUST have a Valid DBS Certificate
If this is a role which you are interested in and thick you fill the requirements, apply by contacting Tiv Suntharesan at Veritas education. Alternatively email your CV to email@example.com
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'