International school - Nursery Nurse - ASAP start - £22,000
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||City of Westminster, London|
|Area||Central London, UKSouth West London, UK|
|Sector||Early Years Foundation Stage - Nursery|
|Salary||Up to £112 per day|
Nursery nurse level 3
Contract type - Permanent
Salary - £22,000
We are looking for an outstanding and passionate level 3 practitioner to work in a bilingual (French/ English) International school.
- To help teach and learning activities such as synthetic phonics and guided reading
- To help to implement the EYFS Curriculum
- To be actively involved in the discussion and development of preschool's policies and practice
- To assist in the planning and preparation of learning activities to assess learning to inform planning
- To help to set clear targets for children progress
- To assess, record and report on children's developments, identifying strengths and needs
- To help to maintain an attractive and well-organised environment
- To work with outside agencies in supporting children
- To attend staff meetings and forums when appropriate
Care and Welfare of Children
- To attend to the health, safety and welfare of children at all times, including playground supervision, care and cleaning of toys; and the cleaning of incontinent children when necessary
- To deliver programmes designed by other services such as Speech & Language programmes
- To administer First Aid when necessary, if a qualified First Aider
- To foster close relationships with children and their parents, offering help and guidance where appropriate
- To administer medicines in accordance with preschool policy
Other Key Areas
- To help to maintain good order among children, providing clear, consistent, firm and caring guidelines for children's behaviour, in line with the preschool policy and ethos
- To work as a team member with all colleagues
- To participate in training and development activities, ensuring continuous professional development
- To be familiar with the preschool's Health and Safety and safeguarding Policies and to be vigilant for risk at all times and take appropriate action to minimise risk and safeguard the children and adults alike.
- To seek help or advice wherever necessary
- To maintain confidentiality
Entitlement to Professional Development
- Participation in Continuing Professional Development
- Professional opportunities to extend areas of skill and experience
- Annual performance review and professional development interview with Foundation Stage Leader
Essential Personal Qualities
· Well-organised, professional, innovative and tactful
· A reflective practitioner
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Have a sense of humour
· Able to manage an appropriate work-life balance
· Passionate about wanting to make a difference to our children
· Has a desire to further their own learning and is ambitious for their career
· Have an approachable and friendly manner
· To have varied interests outside preschool and education
· Have an awareness of the needs of others
This job description is intended to give you an indication of the main duties, but is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'