School Site Supervisor / Caretaker - North London
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Contract (Long Term)|
|Location||North London, London|
|Area||North London, UK|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Support Staff/ Supervisor|
|Salary||£80 - £85 per day|
*** Site Supervisor / Caretaker ***
*** Secondary School ***
*** North London ***
Veritas Education are currently working with a Secondary School based in North London. They are looking for an Assistant Site Manager / Caretaker to start as soon as possible. The role runs until July 2019 but may become permanent for the right candidate.
The school caters for secondary aged students and is rated as "Good" by Ofsted, with "Outstanding" aspects, and is very well equipped with good facilities and resources, which the staff make full use of to offer the best level of support to students. It is vital to the school that a positive learning environment is created, where both the students and the staff enjoy attending, and a large part of this is down to the maintenance, appearance and safety of the site.
The school is within walking distance to an overground station and tube station, and is on several bus routes.
You will be expected to work 41 hours and maximum of 45 hours per week on a rota basis within the site team to include unlocking and locking the school. Duties will include:
- opening/closing School premises; de/activating intruder alarm systems, unlocking gates.
- Taking appropriate action regarding trespassers. informing Headteacher, Local Education Authority or Police.
- ensure that the School complies with Health & Safety requirements.
- Supervising lettings - setting out furniture, cleaning hired rooms, monitoring security and condition of toilets.
- Cleaning and Care of Premises and Grounds, including the swimming pool and furnishings.
- Carrying out emergency cleaning measures following storms, break-ins, vandalism and body spillages.
- Carrying out regular maintenance cleaning of toilet areas throughout the day.
- Ensuring that all areas are free from litter, weeds and excessive accumulation of dirt or leaves.
- Emptying and cleaning, on a regular basis, all litter bins.
- Cleaning windows and glazed areas, both internally and externally.
- Inspection, Maintenance, Repairs and/or Decoration of roofs, gutters, walls, ceilings, facings, window and door frames, windows and doors, toilets, boundary fences and gates, fire alarms, firefighting equipment, smoke alarms and security lighting.
- Plumbing repairs, decorating including wallpapering and painting, repairing or fitting shelving, notice boards and chalk boards.
- Removing, laying out, stacking and transporting furniture and equipment as and when required.
- Test swimming pool water quality including PH, alkalinity, chlorine and chemical levels.
- Cleaning of pool plant and maintaining pool hygiene.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Experience of caretaking or being a site keeper in a school or in a premises / facilities management environment.
- Handy person or DIY knowledge e.g. with minor repairs.
- Previous experience of working in a school.
- Trade Qualification and Health and Safety Certificate
- Basic site maintenance, facility management and DIY knowledge. Use of hand and power tools.
- Professional manner
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Tom Meredith at Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
*** Veritas Education offer competitive rates of pay ***
Veritas Education are actively working with schools in Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Newham, Waltham Forest, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Islington, Camden, Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Haringey, Enfield, Barnet, Harrow, Brent, Hillingdon, Ealing, Hounslow, Hammersmith, Richmond, Kingston, Croydon, Merton, Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'