Teacher of English - Preston: November start
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Area||Preston, United Kingdom|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Teacher|
|Salary||£100 - £165 per day + negotiable|
Teacher of English - November 2018: Preston
An Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' secondary school in Preston are seeking a qualified Teacher of English to start in November after half term. The successful candidate must have experience of teaching KS3 and KS4 pupils and it is essential you have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) to be considered. The school have high expectations of academic success and personal behaviour and believe that these are best achieved in a caring environment where pupils are able to be creative with their learning.
- KS3 & KS4
- Full Time
- Pay £100-£165 per day (depending on experience)
- November 2018 start
- NQTs, RQTs and QTS
English Teacher Role Information:
- Plan, prepare and deliver creative and engaging English lessons to inspire and engage KS3 & KS4 pupils
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils' progress and development
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
English Teacher Requirements:
- Have a Bachelor of Education, PGCE or UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
- Have experience of teaching English at KS3/KS4
- Have excellent subject knowledge and a passion for the subject
- Be an inspirational role model; committed to their own learning and that of others
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £100-£165 per day
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks, References and Enhanced DBS
If you are interested in applying and would like to hear more, then please send your CV in response to this advert and contact Laura Porter on 01772 846610
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'