Secondary Teaching Assistant (SEN: Mainstream) - Preston
|Job Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Area||Preston, United Kingdom|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Support Staff/ Supervisor|
|Salary||£60 - £70 per day + negotiable|
An opportunity has recently arisen for an SEN TA or Learning Support Assistant to work within the SEN department of a mainstream secondary school in Preston. This position will start at the beginning of November and will continue for the full academic year - 2018/2019. The school have been rated 'Good' by Ofsted and have a supportive SLT team. The SENCO is ideally looking for someone who has experience of working in a school setting with pupils who have SEN such as Autism, Asperger's, ADHD, EBD and PMLD.
Secondary Teaching Assistant Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic teaching assistant to work on a 1-2-1 and group basis.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 6 months experience within a school or child related environment
- Able to successfully carry out 1:1 support
- A Genuine passion for Education and to making a positive difference
- Good behaviour management skills
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Both a friendly and professional manor
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £60-£70 per day
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- Respected relationships with a vast selection of schools across Lancashire
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks, References and Enhanced DBS
If you are interested in applying for the above Cover Supervisor opportunity and would like to hear more, then please contact Laura Porter on 01772 846610 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'