Graduate Teaching Assistant - Secondary school
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Contract (Long Term)|
|Location||South West London, London|
|Area||South West London, UK|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Support Staff/ Supervisor|
|Salary||£65 - £75 per day|
*** Graduate Teaching Assistant***
*** September Start ***
*** Wandsworth ***
An outstanding secondary school in Wandsworth is recruiting an experienced Graduate teaching assistant to start in September 2018. This is a full time post, until the end of the academic year.
The school boasts state of the art equipment and benefits from having a large separate SEN department, which caters for various SEN and EAL needs so students are guaranteed high teaching standards. You will be required to support 2 students who have ASD and can present challenging behaviour. It is imperative you have a calm personality and are confident working on a 1:1 basis, as students may sometimes work outside of the classroom.
As well as helping academically you will also be responsible for monitoring behaviour, reporting back to the SENCO and helping to improve self-esteem and confidence.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Degree from a leading university
- Strong behaviour management skills
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manor
- Enthusiasm and friendly approach
If you are interested in working in an outstanding school in a rewarding position, please send your CV to Keizsha De Jesus at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'