Graduate Secondary Cover Supervisor
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Location||Wigan, Greater Manchester|
|Area||Wigan, United Kingdom|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Teacher|
|Salary||£100 - £165 per day + negotiable|
Veritas Education are working exclusively with a number of Secondary Schools in the Wigan and surrounding area. They are actively looking for confident and driven graduates who are interested in progressing in a career in the education sector. If you are hoping to embark on a PGCE qualification to gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), then this is an excellent opportunity for you to gain the relevant experience which will prepare you for the PGCE course.
The role of the cover supervisor is to:
- Supervise pupils whilst they carry out work that has been pre-prepared by a teacher
- Manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking work
- Deal with any immediate problems
- Build rapport with students
- Collect completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher
** Training Provided **
To prepare you for the role as a Cover Supervisor we will be holding online training courses.
The course will cover:
- Cover Supervisor Training - Level 1
- An Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Safeguarding, Child Protection and Prevent
- Behaviour Management Training - Level 1
The successful applicants will:
- Have experience working with small or large groups of children
- Be available at least 3 days a week
- Be flexible and available at short notice
- Being able to drive would be an advantage
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £55-£75 per day
- Short term and long-term vacancies suiting your needs
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- Respected relationships with a vast selection of schools across Lancashire
- Cover Supervisor Training
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks, References and Enhanced DBS
If you are interested in applying for the above Cover Supervisor opportunity and would like to hear more, then please contact Laura Porter on 01772 846610 or email me on email@example.com
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'