History Teacher required in Kirklees
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Contract (Long Term)|
|Location||Huddersfield, West Yorkshire|
|Area||Huddersfield, United Kingdom|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Teacher|
|Salary||£110 - £180 per day|
VERITAS EDUCATION are seeking to appoint a passionate and dedicated HISTORY to join the HUMANITIES Department at one of our partner schools. We are looking for an excellent classroom practitioner who will inspire students to reach the highest standards as the school continue to develop.Responsibilities:
- Preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities
- Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils progress and development
- Researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to- date subject knowledge, devising and writing new curriculum materials
- Selecting and using a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards
- Preparing pupils for qualifications and external examinations
- Managing pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- Communicating with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participating in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
- Undergoing regular observations and participating in regular in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
Qualifications / Experience:
- You should have a Humanities degree with a PGCE / QTS Qualification
- You should be aware of the curriculum and be able to deliver it effectively
- You should be creative, passionate and dedicated to supporting the learning and development of all the children in the class
- This role is suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
If you feel you have the desired qualities and are looking for a new challenge please apply with an up to date CV.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'