Network manager - Secondary school
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Contract (Long Term)|
|Location||Richmond upon Thames, London|
|Area||South West London, UKSurrey, UK|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Support Staff/ Supervisor|
|Salary||£130 - £170 per day|
Network manager - Secondary schoolSouth West LondonImmediate start
Veritas are working with a secondary school in Richmond that are looking for a Network/ ICT Technician to start Asap.
Your main function as Network Manager will be to develop and maintain the School Management Information system (MIS) to underpin the data collection, analysis and reporting needs of the school. The role will involve purchasing, management of hardware and software, licensing and working with 3rd parties.
The ICT Manager will work closely with a team of ICT technicians, delegating tasks and also assisting in the implementation and maintenance of the ICT systems, and their use in school. The ideal candidate will have experience working as a network manager within a secondary school.
The role will also include working with lighting and sound equipment. The role will involve moving and carrying equipment so the ideal candidate will need to be in good physical health
This role is on a supply basis for the time being but very likely be long term in the near future. The candidate will need to have a DBS and MUST have experience working within a school.
Key Skills: Network Engineer, ICT, MIS, Windows, security.
* Producing and maintaining the strategic technical plan for ICT/IT* Identify, plan and cost all future developments and upgrades to the school's ICT infrastructure and liaise with senior management and external contractors accordingly* Liaise with appropriate suppliers regarding purchasing requirements and licensing* Knowledge of Internet phone system * Attending regular meetings with the school business manager, and on occasion with school governors* Manage the installation of new networks and network services liaising as appropriate with external bodies such as consultants, contracted installers and suppliers
* Oversee/carry out repairs/servicing of ICT equipment including PC's, laptops, projectors and printers* Ensure teachers and associate staff have access to training in the use of all systems and contribute to that training as appropriate* Develop the IT policy for the school* Other associated IT duties, similar to that of an ICT technicianIf you are interested in this role please send your CV to Gemma @ Veritas
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'