Graduate or SEN Teaching Assistants - Southwark - Nov 17 start
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Contract (Long Term)|
|Area||South East London, UK|
|Sector||Primary Education - Support Staff|
|Salary||£60 - £80 per day + Flexible with benefits|
Graduate teaching assistant - Southwark - November 2018
- £60 - £80 per day (depending on experience)
- Southwark and surrounding boroughs
- November 2017 start
Are you a graduate with a strong back ground in Maths and English or are you a Qualified Teaching Assistant with good experience with special needs?
Are you potentially looking for a career in Education and would like to gain experience?
Are you looking for a role where you can make a real difference to children's learning and want the flexibility to work the days/times you like?
If you have answered yes to any of the above, we would like to hear from you!
Veritas Education are seeking a number of Graduate Teaching Assistants who have experience working with primary age children (3-11 years old)
We have a variety of full-time, Part-time, daily, short term, long term and permanent roles. We work with local authority, academy, independent and free schools and the role would be to work with EYFS, KS1 and KS2 children to cover both group work and 1 to 1 with pupils who are either of lower ability or have s specific SEN requirements
You must be able to:
- Be flexible and available for short notice bookings
- Work for 5 days a week 8:30am-4pm in long term roles
- Have good experience working with Primary age children
- Be pro-active and take the initiative in interacting with the children
- Plan with the teacher to support and monitor progress and have excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Liaise with the class teacher, Senior Leadership, Parents and external organisations.
The school will consider applicants who:
- Hold a degree qualification or may have taught in this role previously
- Have had recent training or a placement where you have gained similar experience
- Have experience of tutoring children
This would be a great opportunity for anyone looking to become a teacher in the future or for someone who has a strong interest in English and Maths. Training and support will be provided in the first few weeks to ensure that you settle in and enjoy what this role has to offer.
To apply for this role please send your up to date CV and one of our dedicated team will contact you to discuss your application. If you are successful at the first screening stage you will be required to attend a registration interview with Veritas to complete all the necessary compliance checks prior to being offered any work.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'