Teacher of History - Preston
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Area||Preston, United Kingdom|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Support Staff/ Supervisor|
|Salary||£100 - £165 per day + negotiable|
Teacher of History - Preston
I am currently recruiting for an Ofsted rated 'Good' secondary school who are looking for a Teacher of History to start after February half term to cover maternity. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated History teacher to deliver an engaging and challenging curriculum to inspires students. It is essential that the successful candidate has experience of teaching History to KS3 and KS4 pupils and has a degree/qualification within this area.
- KS3 & KS4
- Full time
- Pay £100-£165 per day (depending on experience)
- February start
Teacher of History Role:
- Plan, prepare and deliver engaging History lessons to KS3 and KS4 pupils
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils' progress and development
- Undertake pastoral duties and support pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
Teacher of History Requirements:
- Have a Bachelor of Education, PGCE or UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
- Have experience of teaching History at KS3/KS4
- Be an inspirational role model; committed to their own learning and that of others
- Have excellent subject knowledge and a passion for the subject
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £100-£165 per day
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks, References and Enhanced DBS
If you are interested in applying and would like to hear more, then please send your CV in response to this advert and contact Laura Porter on 01772 846610
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'