SEN support worker
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South East London, UK|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Support Staff/ Supervisor|
|Salary||£65 - £75 per day|
*** SEN SUPPORT WORKER ***
*** SEPTEMBER START ***
We are currently working with a number of mainstream and SEN schools in Lambeth. They are recruiting support workers to start in September 2018. You will be supporting learners across Key stage 3 and 4, who have various special needs including ASD, SLD and PMLD. Working hours will be 8.20am-4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Students are offered a rich and diverse curriculum, while making sure work is differentiated to meet individual needs.
You will work on a 1:1 basis with key students. You will be required to support across all subjects, providing support to your students and others that may require assistance. Some personal care will be involved, therefore qualifications in manual handling would be an advantage.
All schools are accessible from a mainline station and served by a number of bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Current DBS check
- Previous support work within an SEN school/college or other adult related experience
- Professional manor
- Enthusiasm and friendly approach
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Keizsha De Jesus Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'