Graduate teaching assistant
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Contract (Long Term)|
|Area||West London, UK|
|Sector||Secondary Education - Support Staff/ Supervisor|
|Salary||£65 - £80 per day|
***** September Start ******** GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT ********* West London *******Veritas is currently working with a large co-ed secondary school based in West London. The school are looking for a dedicated graduate Teaching assistant with an interest in persuing a career in teaching. The role will involve supporting KS3 and KS4 students by working 1:1 and with small groups. The candidate will be supporting SEN students with ASD, Dyslexia and also learning and communication difficulties so an understaing of SEN and an empathetic nature is essential. You will be responsible for improving social skills and also monitoring behaviour. Strong behaviour management skills are desirable. The school is located close to various local bus routes and is a short distance from a mainline train station.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Graduate from a leading University
- Experience working with children or young adults with SEN
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Professional manner and enthusiastic
- Resilient and patient
If you are interested in working in a great school in a rewarding position, please send your CV to Gemma Yip at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'